2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Snowman Love

We are cruisin' right along this morning.  I have made it to card #4 already.  Not bad.  It's only been 15 minutes.

I did something a little different for this challenge.  Since we are coming up on the Valentine's season, I decided to make this a love card, but used a winter image.



This cute little guy is from A Day for Daisies.  I colored him in with my colored pencils and OMS.  I cut out the image using my Nestabilities.   I did use some Glitter Gel Pen on his hat for some sparkle.  We all love the bling right?  I began with a SU Whisper White card base cut to a 5" square card.  I added a strip of American Crafts DP that has been punched with my Fiskar's border punch.  I matted the image on the same DP then a Lacy Circle Large die cut.

To make the snowflakes match and not be washed out on the white card base, I used some snowflake die cuts that my precious friend Jan sent me.  I took my Memento Lady Bug ink pad and colored four of them.  For the other four, I used a red glitter gel pen to highlight the "branches" of the snowflakes.  Using a pop dot, I put the snowflakes together.  Once I had them on the card, I added some red gems from Queen and Co. to highlight the center of each snowflake.

I hope you like it.  I think it makes a cute Valentine's card.  The inside sentiment says, "I love you this much".  Very fittin' right?

Well, that's it for this post.  Onward James...God bless y'all.

Challenges:
A Day for Daisies--#62  Add some red

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.