2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Saturday, February 16, 2013

Key to My Heart

Hello again y'all.  Thanks for stopping in.  The card I have for you today was fun to make.  I got in there and got my hands all inky.  I enjoyed making this one.


I started out with a Gray  card base from SU.  I added a Pink panel from Recollections.  The script background is from QKR Stampede.  I sized it to 4.25" x 5"  and trimmed it down once I printed it.  I used quite a few different DI to distress it.  (Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, Broken China, Walnut Stain, Tea Dye)  I just kept adding layers of ink until I liked the way it looked.  The heart, key and sentiment are from Shelly's Images.  I used a BIC marker to color in the heart and key then started layering on the DI.  I tied a piece of pink ribbon to the key and slid it through the key hole in the heart.  I matted the sentiment on the same pink card stock after inking it with DI Vintage Photo.  I like the distressed, vintage look this card has.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Come back now, ya hear!  God bless y'all.

Challenges:
Shelly's Images--Bonus Valentine Challenge
QKR Stampede--#26  Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. This is great - love the old key too!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for our Anything Goes Challenge! Hope you can join us again next week!


    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card too, and I saw that I love the next two cards on your blog site. My goodness - you can sure turn them out quickly! I love the vintage feel of this card, with the handwriting bg, and the soft looking heart and the key .. very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the heart and key! Thank you for joining QKR's Challenge this week.
    Ruza ~ QKR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, well done.
    Thank you for joining us here at Shelly's Images.
    Greetings Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, this is fabulous! And I am so happy that this project let you get all inky. Sometimes those messy projects are the most fun! I absolutely love how the ribbon for the key goes through the key hole. Just genius! Thank you so much for joining our BONUS Challenge in February. We hope you will check in at the Shelly's Images Blog and join us for our March BONUS Challenge too.

    -Shelly
    Shelly's Images.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.