2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Friday, February 22, 2013

Hello Butterfly

Hi there.  I'm glad to see ya.  Sit down, grab a cup of coffee and relax.  The card I have for y'all today has a bit of a story behind it.


First off, let me say that my camera is doing that funny yellow thing again.  I am beginning to think there is a lot of base yellow in the DP I was using.  My last two cards didn't do this.  

I am on a bit of a butterfly kick.  I just love them.  Not only are they beautiful but they symbolize change, new birth, and renewal. I saw a quote the other day that says, "What the caterpillar views as the end of life is just the beginning for a butterfly."  That is so true.  The other reason why I am partial to butterflies is that they are the symbol for LUPUS.  For those of you who don't know that that is, click HERE.  LUPUS is an auto immune disease that strikes indiscriminately.  My grandmother had it, my uncle and my aunt both have it.  My doctor checks me every six months for the markers.  I am already presenting with symptoms, but haven't tested positive yet.  Thank God.

Now, on to the card.  I used another set from HOTP to make this card.  I started with a mint green card base from Colorbok which is 5x5.  I added a panel of pink card stock from Recollections. I cut out the elements and layered them onto the card after inking the edges with Vintage Photo DI.  I added a rub on vine from HOTP to finish off the card.  

Thanks so much stopping by tonight.  I hope you enjoyed your visit.  God bless y'all.

Challenges:

Seems a Little Sketchy--#33

3 comments:

  1. great take on our sketch - thanks for joining us t seems alittle sketchy this time and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and a great take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovey card... I love the pretty colors! Thanks for joining us at Seems A Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.