2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, February 25, 2013

Eccl. 3:1

Moving right along this morning, I am posting a card that is a little different for me.  Even though I love the Shabby Chic look, I don't make them alot.  I love adding elements to my cards, but sometimes I think they look too cluttered.  This card turned out perfectly.

The image is called Shabby Chic Birdhouse and is from Beccy Muir. I printed it off on Cryogen White card stock and  I used my new Chromatix pens to add color to the image.  I also highlighted some of the flowers and leaves with a white gel pen.  I never thought of doing that until I happened to see a card made by Jenn Leeflang. I have been following her work since I first saw it on The Outlawz.  She is one talented lady.  Thanks for the tip Jen.  I made this one 6x6 card using a white card base from Colorbok.  I used Mint Green, Olive and Pink card stocks from Recollections as mats.   The DP is a freebie from Cardmakers Magazine.  All of the flowers are from my stash and I get them at AC Moore.  I added some white pearls from Queen and Co. and the sentiment is from Doodle Pantry.

Thanks for stoppin' in this morning.  I hope you like this card.  God bless y'all.

Challenges:
Perfect Sentiments--Floral Fantasia
Fab N Funky --#159 Flower Power
Sentimental Sundays--#143 Flowers, Flowers and Flowers
Sweet Stampin'--Mother's Day or a Special Lady

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful, love your flowers...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! The image is so lovely and your flowers are a beautiful compliment to it! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. It is embellished perfectly for the image. Nice job! Thanks for participating in the Sweet Stampin' Challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, I love the image and gorgeous flowers.
    Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the image and pretty flowers. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, I love the warm feeling you've created here.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, such a lovely image beautifully coloured and a gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.