2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Thursday, February 14, 2013

Eat Cake

Good Evening friends.  How was y'all's day?  Mine was pretty good.  I sold 15 cards to a friend of mine and sold my first one on eBay.  I'm pretty excited about that.  I listed three more today, so we'll see how it goes.

My first card for tonight uses a new artist's design.  I just recently Heather Valentin stamps and I am in love.  Yes sirree..love 'em.  They are so cute.  Check them out if you haven't already.  She has a ton that are retiring and are only $1.


Didn't I tell you she was cute?  I used my BIC markers to give her some color.  I think I do better with those than the Spectrum Noir.  Or maybe I just need to practice some more.  The sentiment came from Beyond the Fringe.  I used a premade card base from Recollections for this one.  I needed it to be 5" x 7" in order to fit all the elements on the card.  I don't usually make cards this big, but I think it came out very nice.  The image mat is Turquoise from Recollections and the DP is from DCWV.  It's actually two different pieces of paper.  I cut around the strip with the flowers and added it to the zig zag back ground.  When I finished, I realize how much it looks like one piece.  I rounded all the corners with my Recollections corner rounder.  I so want a Corner Chomper.  I used DI Broken China to edge the sentiment for a little pop.  I added a little glitter gel pen to highlight the image.  The large gems are from Queen and Co.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Stay tuned.  I am posting ten new cards tonight.  God bless.

Challenges:
Shopping Our Stash--#89  Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.