2014 Life Verse

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, February 18, 2013

Beautiful

Good morning.  Happy President's Day.  Kierstynne is off from school today so I am going to use the time to do some laundry and get crafty.

My card for today uses a digi image from Saturated Canary.  I used my new Neenah paper and Spectrum Noir pens.  I also used some glitter gel pens and a white gel pen to do some highlights.


Isn't she cute?  I enjoyed using this image and look forward to using some more from Saturated Canary.  I started out making a card base with a chocolate brown from Colorbok.  I made it 6x6.  I matted the image on the same chocolate brown.  I added a strip of lace and a strip of pearls (Jo Ann's) to the left side of the image.  The sentiment is from Doodle Pantry and I matted that on pink card stock from Recollections.  The DP is from SEI Chocolat.   I used a sketch from Mojo Monday to make the card.  I added two little pearls from Queen and Co. to the sentiment.

The flower is one that I just learned to make by watching a video on youtube.  I took a 12 inch piece of box pleated trim, wound it around my fingers and used my hot glue gun to keep it in place.  I punched out a 1 inch circle and added that to the bottom to help keep the rose in shape.  I added a Paper Studio brad to the center of the rose.  They are so easy to make and they look fantastic.   My sweet husband took me to Hobby Lobby on Saturday and I found some rolls of box pleated ribbon for $1.74 on sale.  I bought four different colors so I am going to be making some flowers.  I think I am going to try different sizes.

Thank you for stopping in today.  I pray y'all have a wonderful day.  God bless.

Challenges:
Digi Design--Lace and Pearls
Sentimental Sunday--#142 Lace and Pearls

3 comments:

  1. Cute image and beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays for our "Pearls and Lace" challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute image and I love that flower. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card. thanks for joining us at Di's digi designs. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. God bless you.